Systems Engineer — Austin
Are you up for a challenge? Our clients face demanding business workflow and complex technology issues. Successful candidates operate on the intersection of these two needs. We are seeking a client facing consultant that successfully understands these requirements. Strong technical, troubleshooting and analytical skills - combined with a keen ability to communicate well in both verbal and written forms are a must.
Our company fosters and encourages a team collaborative environment. We do not operate as islands, but as a group of highly skilled team members. Our vision and company goals are to provide best of breed technology solutions for our clients while fostering a gratifying work environment for our Engineers.
Why you will love working at Innovative Computing Systems:
- You will work with a great group of people, some of the best in the business, in a highly collaborative, team and results oriented atmosphere.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and extremely positive environment where there is always the opportunity to challenge your skills and expand on both a personal and professional level.
- You will get awesome benefits that include competitive and attractive compensation, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, 401K and more.
- We encourage and promote the individual growth and education of our organization by offering training and certification in the products we implement.
The Systems Engineer will work with a team of Engineers to support our clients across the nation. Our new team member will be an experienced Systems Engineer who will work with a team of other Engineers to support our clients primarily in the Austin and Central Texas regions. This position is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and supporting a variety of technologies and systems, primarily remotely. The Systems Engineer is responsible for mentoring and training other engineers, providing high level technical support for complex and in-depth technical issues, and providing pre-sales support.
We don't have employ technicians who operate at low levels, but rather highly skilled engineers who can understand technology and infrastructure in-depth, think outside the box and have the drive and ambition to push their career forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with sales team and other engineers to design and develop technical solutions
- Install and configure new hardware, software and network components
- Diagnose, analyze and troubleshoot hardware, software and network issues and situations with critical thinking skills
- Provide phone, email and in-person support to a wide variety of clients
- Mentor, coach and train other engineers
- Learn and work with new technologies on a constant basis
- Complete tasks in a group as well as individually
- Travel between local clients and the Austin office
Desired Education and Experience:
Proficiency with installing, configuring and supporting the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2012/2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Active Directory
- Internet Information Services
- Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless networks
Experience with installing, configuring and supporting the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016
- VMware 5+
- Storage Area Networks (SANs)
- Workstation imaging software
- Software deployment tools
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to establish positive long term relationships with our clients and internal staff
- At least 5 years of applicable work experience
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
To be considered, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
Innovative Computing Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location: Austin, TX
- Compensation based on salary history and experience.